Minutes of Castlegregory Community Council Meeting Held in the Clubrooms at 8pm on 12 January 2016
Present: Absent with apologies: Marcia Ganter (Chairperson) Lucy Dowling (Vice Secretary) Sean Spillane (Treasurer) Keith Woodward (Vice Chair) Martha Flynn (Secretary) Sandra Fitzgibbon Mandy Browne (Vice Treasurer) Tom Ferriter Martin Lynch Daragh Rohan (P.R.) Kieran Browne Eamonn O’Connor Dominic Spillane Pat O’Shea Hannah Hennessy (P.R.) Michael Cahillane Secretary
Report Minutes of last meeting read. Proposed and seconded. Minutes signed off.
2 Financial Report Funds available to Community Council to date are €44,850. Commercial rate for use of clubrooms has changed from €10 to €12 per hour. Majority of users of the clubrooms have been contacted and all have agreed to pay more. Only two remaining groups to be contacted and one group that was contacted to get back to the council regarding fees. As a result, income from clubrooms should go up by 25%. Playground Waiting for survey drawings from KCC. Meeting with KCC either Thursday 14th or Friday 15th Jan 2016. Eamonn now drawing up playground design. Hope to have application in by the end of the month. The West End Hall Electrical work starting Wednesday 13 Jan 2016 in West end hall which will include a coin meter in the hall and the Mina Hill building at a cost of €2,300. Three quotes received for roof repair of West end hall. Also a quote received for a temporary repair job to the roof until the weather improves. Strictly come Dancing night moved to the Hillgrove Hotel in Dingle due to condition of the floor, the leaking roof and the stage size. The Community Council would like to wish Clarissa all the best with this event. Plummer required to fix leak in toilets. Michael asked for toilets and kitchen to be cleaned before Pantomime.
3 Michael also requested use of the Mina Hill building during the pantomime for costume changing. Permission given. Wren Ball Cancelled due to a complaint and Community Council inability to have alcohol served without a licence, In order for this not to happen in the future, when procuring bar exemptions, publicans will be notified in writing of dates obtained and that they would sign a document confirming their agreement. Discussed, proposed and second. All in favour. Summer Festival Sub-committee formed consisting of: Mandy, Daragh, Hannah, Michael, Dominic and Kieran. Storm Festival DPTA is promoting a peninsula wide storm festival on the 5th, 6th and 7th of Feb. 2016. Castlegregory Community Council have decided to put on a dinner on Sat. 6th Feb at 6pm called Cooking up a Storm in Castlegregory. A three course meal will be served consisting of a starter, a choice of two mains and three desserts, tea/coffee. Price €12 per adult and €7 per child under 12 years. Council hope to cater up to 80 people on the night. Youth Council will help with catering – 8 to 10 people needed for this. Also hope to have a raffle on the night, looking for vouchers locally. Each member of the council asked to try and get 4 people to attend the dinner.
4 There will also be a photo exhibition, relating to storms, running for the weekend in the clubrooms, at least 8 local photographers to and photographs will be on sale. Village Rejuvenation Need to look into the possibility of fixing up the Pearse Hall. Maharees School Building Health and Safety issue at present. Need to find out who owns the building. Not sure if St Brendan’s Trust is involved. Community Council looking into taking it on and make it into a heritage centre possibly. Coastal Erosion Discussion on what can be done to prevent further erosion of the Community’s coastline. Community needs to come together as a whole to try to get funding etc. to prevent any further erosion where possible.